Powered By Blogger

Monday, August 1, 2011

Leaving Minnesota.

Last Wednesday I flew to Minneapolis, rented a VERY small, VERY red Chevrolet of some kind. Truth be told, I don't want to remember what it was. It had hail damage, squeaky breaks, and sounded like a Diesel truck when I accelerated. Enough about that.
I was in MN to help my parents start going through some things in their house. They need to get ready to downsize soon, so a garage sale is being scheduled for the end of August. We went through crawl spaces, attic storage, closets, dresser drawers,kitchen and bathroom cabinets, 2 garages and a boathouse. Wow! After 23 years in this house, there were lots of things that had accumulated that no longer serve a purpose for them. The temperature while I was there hovered around 95 which by Texas standards is a cool spell, but I had forgotten what HUMIDITY feels like at 95 degrees. I will be very sad if I haven't lost at least a couple of pounds from sweating for 4 days straight.
It just so happens that for the second year in a row I was back in MN for a family reunion. We had a little potluck lunch on Sunday after church. I spotted some jello salads that I had not seen since I lived in MN YEARS ago. As a proud Texan, I will be having some sort of Tex Mex tonight. My mouth is watering already.

No comments:

Post a Comment